Director of Major and Planned Giving
Skills Needed and Position Summary:
Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur is seeking a dynamic, motivated person with strong relational and interpersonal abilities who has a proven track record of soliciting and securing major gifts and donations.
The Director of Major and Planned Giving advances the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur by helping to maintain and strengthen relationships with all constituencies, especially with major donor and planned giving prospects.
· Collaborate with the Director of Development to manage and strengthen the effectiveness of our major gifts and planned giving program
· Provide leadership in identifying, soliciting and stewarding major and planned gifts
· Increase the number of personal contacts with donors and prospects, both in person and by phone, in order to strengthen our relationships with them, better understand their interests, and inform them of ways they can partner with the Sisters
· Collaborate with others in the Development Office to achieve the overall goals of the Development program
· Ability to represent and communicate the vision and mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, and a desire to make a significant difference for them
· Ability to interact easily and effectively with a variety of people
· Good judgment and maturity
· Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
· Minimum of five years successful experience in Fundraising
· A familiarity with fundraising software
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
· Organizational skills